Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Girly birthday cards

I needed to make a couple of lttle girl birthday cards, and I REALLY wanted to tray a scalloped circle card, even though it was on the smallish side....















I used the Sweet Pea Dress up plate from pink cat studios for this gorgeous card, I'm really happy how it turned out. All paper is PTI (lemon tart, black PP and white) Ink is Memento and PTI, used my scalloped circle nestabilites to cut the card and frame, PTI lemon tart ribbon, and I used bit's and pieces of different sentiments from PTI stamp sets to stamp the ribbon.
I SHOULD HAVE used palette noir to stamp the sentiment, I'm sure it would not have bleed so bad….but it's currently on loan so I'll need to re-stamp that sentiment….2 flower brads from my stash, frosted lace stickles and yellow dew drops embellish this card nicely……..






Here is a deceptively simple card I made usind Scenic Routes Charlotte Eastern Ave Floral AquaPaper. I LOVE this paper, ordered it in the cream version as well and I wanted it to be the main attraction. I stamped out the pink flower from PTI beautiful blooms, and coloured it in with my pebbles chalks- first time I’ve used them and I kind of like the soft variegated effect…hope you can see it in big format. Then I covered it in dimensional glaze, and topped the middle with an aqua mist button, tied with pink Martha Stewart bakers twine. A strip of vintage cream, and some sentiments from beautiful blooms finish it off. Oh, and behind the flower I used a flower punch with the reverse side to this paper....isn't it adorable !!

1 comment: