I enrolled in the summer card class thinking it might give me a bit of a kick start to my languishing mojo, and would challenge me.
I was thinking i might get a bit of an intro before the challenges started but BHAM !! Out of the gate we got a colour combo that was...well....challenging !
So I did the best with what I got. I took out full sheets of card stock in those colours....and stared...and stared some more, willing a card to come to me...and nothing. Nada. Zip. So I went back and took a look at Jennifer Macguire's card. The colours weren't exactly in your face, but rather accents. So that gave me some hope and I started again.
Card base is PTI aqua mist. I cut out a frame using 2 nesties, and love this technique!
Stamped some polka dots in the upper right corner (round and round, PTI anniversary set) and cut off the lower corner. I made this flower using some pretty fabric I picked up at the CREATIV festival a few months ago, and backed it with some purple leaves. I know purple leaves arent exactly found in nature, however since aqua ruffle flowers aren't either i figured I was safe!! The flower was created using 2 different sizes of PTI scallop dies, as well as a big ol' SU button.
The frame is from a Waltzingmouse set that co-ordinates with the nestie, and the stamp from PTI's new faith based set - name escaping me right now of course.
So I survived my foray into the bright side. I came out alive. Converted - maybe not. But a little more open minded at least !!