Friday, January 21, 2011

Some Valentine Cuties

Decided to pull put my much neglected SU Valentines sets to make a few cards - In fact these are some of my Favourite SU sets of all time and am going to try to use them for more of a year round application.
First card also uses some retired SU paper and brads, and some ribbon I found at Michaels. Used Fine Linen and I am NEVER going to stamp and copic colour on this paper again!! The copics blended easily.....too easily...thankfully after much use of the colour less blender I kept everything pretty much within the lines !
Used the negative left over from the Victorian lace border die on the bottom.

Cant decide if I like the bow or not. ON, it seems like too much. OFF, it seems like something is missing....let me know!



For my next card, I ACTUALLY used a pre-stamped image I had in my stash !! I know alarming ! Coloured this with SU markers ... this technique is probably THE ONLY reason I'm still holding on to some of my rubber stamps, I like to be able to colour part of an image.
Paper pierced and traced the ground.
Stamps, ribbons and papers are SU.

AND, I'm actually lining my envies now.....and embellishing the inside !! Thanks Stephanie Mino for continually inspiring me to complete the "package" !!!











7 comments:

  1. LOVE the sentiment of the "love you much" card- so loopy and whimsical! (I think I like it better without the bow, or maybe you could move the bow over to the right and try that... i dunno...lol) Love those cute little critters and your coloring looks great to me! Thanks for the heads up about Fine Linen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute cards! those little critters are darling and YEA for lined envies and stamping INSIDE the cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card is so cute with all the little critters. I actually really like the bow on the card, but if possible I would remove the red button in the center. The images would stand as a unit and the ribbon and bow at the bottom would "underline" the images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute animal card and the whimsical feel of your second one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a more is more kinda gal so it surprises me to say this but I like it with the bow off - LOL They're both pretty...and the little segments of critters is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, those animals are super cute. I like the bow but agree with Karen about maybe removing the button?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.. I like it better without the bow, but maybe with a grouping of 3 small buttons or bling on the right side of the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete