Friday, March 5, 2010

Hello bloggy land

Are you getting excited for the new release at PTI ??? I am even though i haven't yet received all of last months release goodies !!!

A couple of cards to share with you today.......

The first one is a belated birthday card (all my husbands fault) he comes home and tells me they had a little party for one of his co-workers at work today. Not only did her forget to tell me to make her a card, but he didn't even think to grab one out of the 50 or so he has on his desk (he sells my cards at work ) !!!!


So, I wanted something cute but fast - didn't have a lot of time last night- so I turned to Dawn's colour couture. Some really cute embellishments, colour combo's that take me out or my comfort zone, and they are super easy to cut out.





In the first card I used this belated birthday embellishment. Layered it on a punched piece of berry sorbet (new SU border and corner punches, I finally got them to work for me. Well ok, not really but I covered my boo boo with another flower embellishment !!!). Spring moss and ripe avocado layer, on a vintage cream base. I used SU ribbon and corduroy button, pure poppy ribbon was just a tad too bright.



Next up is a little card I made for a co-worker who really needs a lift.
I used some beautiful autumn PTI paper, along with spellbinders labels 5. Summer Sun and Vintage cream layers, along with some Orange Zest saddle stitch. I used a few Orange Zest and terracotta tile buttons, and layered everything on a spring moss base. Little cloud image is SU.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! I especially love the flower on the first one.

    ReplyDelete