Sunday, September 6, 2009

Postings.............



I wish I could find time to post one card at a time instead of saving them all up for weekly posts !!
I have a few cards to show you that came together so beautifully ! Don't you love it when you sit down to create and things just flow.........
First is a little card that took me less that 10 minutes !!
I found this great Martha tape on sale..I've never used it and didn't know how I would like the fact that it was adhesive...but it worked out really great.


The Flowers are Prima's and dictated the colour scheme for this...melon berry and ripe avocado...not one I would have thought of myself. Little brad is paper source. The leaf is leaf ribbon from PTI, and the for you sentiment is from SU's set great friend.
I love it when things just seem to FALL together......
I recently asked my grandmother to show me how to crochet little flowers when she had a chance....kind of in passing. Well she remembered, and in her spare time has been making little flowers for me !!! She surprised me with a bag of about 25 flowers last night !! I LOVE THEM...I love that they are all different, asymmetrical...imperfect and perfect at the same time.


So of course I made her a thank you card with one of them........
I used the In Bloom patterned paper pack from PTI - FINALLY !! I found a great in my melon berry tin...layered some white Micheals grosgrain on top of Melon Berry Sating ribbon and tied it with some button twine...
Stamped the thank you from Beyond Basic Borders..cut with my rick rack blade on my Martha rotary cutter. Lots of thanks to the ladies in the PTI forum for suggesting this great tool, i love it ! The card was inspired by a set Nichole made during the launch for In Bloom.
And last if you are still with me.....I guess my mojo ran away after the the first few cards.....
I made these neat little punched out squares with a paper source punch and a SU scalloped square punch. Ripe Avocado matted on Sweet Blush..and that was it. The rest of the card kind of ran away from me.
I created 2 versions...if you have some time let me know which one you prefer............
Or what I can do to fix it !!
Thanks !

No comments:

Post a Comment