Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Victorian Inspired Card

Hello All. I am new to this whole stamping world, but I already have a very distinct style-clean and simple. All the way. I see cards with glittered embellishments over ribbon over pp over stamps over- blech! I actually call these barf cards- as in it looks like my embellishment drawer barfed all over it.

SO......it would only be logical for me to create one! As a challenge to myself...I decided to make a very victorian inspired card....and THIS is embelishment overboard for me !!







I used PTI's Kraft, aqua mist and green tea leaves PP for this card. I was inpired by Nichole Heady's recent post on make your own embelishments, so I made these little flowers to go along my "vine" (PTI leaf ribbon)

I punched some flowers out of Aqua cardstock on my Mcgill flowers punch (my CS is still stuck in it !!) and inked the edges (tead dye duo)
I then dipped some black rhinestones in glue, gold leaf, and then scracthed them up with some scissors to age them.










I used an antique peice of tulle I had off a hat I bought in my high school vintage craze....but I was a little scared of the delicacy, and found I could duplicate the look very easy using the tea dye duo..I just didn't feel like sewing the tulle into rosette's. So I went ahead and used the old peice.....must makes ome tulle rossettes soon. I made a mask with the EK success damask border punch....and antiqued the edges of the whole card.








And here is the inside of the card. Leaves from PTI's beyond basic borders, and sentiment from year round puns. Bracket stamp is Paper-source- my other online addiction.

This is probable more what I normally do for the OUTSIDE of my cards !!!!


SO, here is my foray into victorian/vintage (barf!) cards. Not too sure what I think, would love to hear what you do !!!

3 comments:

  1. I think its pretty. As a general rule I don't like a lot of "stuff" on my cards but its always nice to break out of your shell once in awhile. I really like the tulle you have on there... nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your card!!! and i think it's ok to have more than one "style"..it's fun to do new things with paper and "stuff" - now i want to go buy some tulle!! :^) don't give up your clean style - but don't say no to new "styles" to try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, very elegant...nice wrok!
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete